Icons














Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journey Through Acupuncture


 Recently I have been receiving acupuncture treatments on a weekly basis. I had a brief education in acupuncture and Chinese medicine over 10 years ago when I was attending Massage Therapy School. This however was my first time being a patient. Of course with my line of work, I am a huge advocate for alternative health care and wellness based practices. I found myself a wonderful acupuncturist, and my journey began. 

 I was very impressed with my first visit. I was taken into a very cozy, soothing room where my acupuncturist and I talked about my reasoning for seeking treatment. She asked me many questions about my history and current conditions both emotionally and physically. She looked at my tongue, which is a diagnostic technique in acupuncture. You would be amazed at what your tongue can say about your health. We went over my treatment plan, and then it was time for the needles. I wasn't afraid of the needles, or anticipating any pain. I have a tattoo and surely this will not compare to that, which wasn't bad either. I'll be honest, the needles to the face are not very pleasant, but definitely worth it. The needles were put in place, and I was left to relax on a heated massage table. I'd say for my first treatment that I believe the needles were left in for about 30 minuets. After my first treatment I felt very relaxed. If not anything else, I knew that this treatment was at least reducing my stress level. I have had about 10 acupuncture treatments now and I will definitely be continuing to receive acupuncture. I have experienced reduced levels of stress, headache relief, sinus relief and hormonal balance. I would recommend acupuncture to anyone looking for an alternative treatment for any aliment. You will be amazed by the way you feel after treatment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment