Icons














Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 5 - A leisurely Day

Day 5 was our last full day on Mexico. We didn't make any big plans, we just wanted to have a very leisurely and relaxing day. I started off my day with another Amazing massage. It is so nice to just wake up in the morning and walk out onto your patio and receive the most Fantastic massage. This is a luxury that I would definitely love to have every day. As I received my massage Patrick walked with the dogs and went for a swim in the pool. After my massage I met Patrick and my dad poolside and we enjoyed some watermelon. 


After a very peaceful morning, we headed through Tulum on our way to a very beautiful and deserted beach. I loved the drive through Tulum. This was the very eco-friendly/beachy/Hippie part of Tulum with all of the cute cafes, shops, yoga studios and accommodations. As we headed out of town, we entered a road that would become my worst nightmare. I'm not sure that it is a road at all. My dad cruises down this so called road in his jeep with no problems. Well we were in our rental car and it wasn't really working out for us. The holes in the road were larger than any pot hole in Chicago that I have ever seen. My peaceful adventure was momentarily interrupted by what felt like the longest ride down the most awful road followed by a mild panic attack. Finally, we arrived and I have to say it was worth it.








I'm so grateful that we were able to stand on this piece of the earth and see the world from this perspective. I can't imagine that too many people journey down this road, and hike through the jungle to come across this deserted beach. I'm glad that we were some of the lucky few. 


No comments:

Post a Comment