Icons














Saturday, March 9, 2013

Home Sweet Home.


Our house will be listed very soon and we have started the hunt for our perfect home. I am very, very grateful for the house that Patrick has provided us, but I have never felt like it was our family home. When I moved it, it was very bare and very masculine however, very nice. Patrick is somewhat of a minimalist and he likes things in order and always very clean which I appreciate. He does not like anything out of its place or clutter in any space. He has softened up a lot since the dog and then baby arrived. Some things are just out of your control, but I do my best to keep things clean and organized but Patrick is usually a step ahead of me on that. Along with his great cooking skills, he is very skilled with cleaning, I know, I'm very lucky to have a husband who cooks and cleans, he also grocery shops. 

Finding a place for our family to call home is a very big deal to me. I have not had a place that I have felt completely at home since my childhood home that we moved out of when I was 11. Since then, I have been here, there and just about everywhere. The life that I lived made me who I am today and I am proud of that person but I do not wish these same circumstances on our children. I want them to always feel at home. To always have a home that they love. A home full of family and friends that they love. A home where they feel completely safe. A home where they will create memories that will last a lifetime. I'm not sure that the home that we buy next will be our forever home, in fact I'm sure we will move again at some point, but we plan to spend the next 10 years in this home creating wonderful memories that we can carry with us to our next family home. 

I have never sold a house, as we are preparing to sell ours now, or shopped for a home as we have started to do. We will be renting a storage unit to fill with excess furniture and storage bins to make the house as model looking as possible. I hope that we will not have to live this way for too long as I will miss being surrounded by family photos, nick nacks and trinkets and the bareness of the house may seem slightly depressing. Patrick is thrilled to get a great deal of out things out of our house and for things to be very minimal again. I am hoping to purge myself of many things like the bins and bins of clothes that I have not worn in years and should probably never wear again. Since I was 11, I have lived in over 10 different places. You would think that I would have accumulated much less. 

I am expecting that it will take some time for our house to sell and that we will look at many, many homes before finding our perfect match. Hopefully it will be a smooth process. 


1 comment: