Icons














Monday, October 14, 2013

Baby update: Here we go again

My Dr. called today. As soon as I heard his voice on the line and not the voice of a nurse I knew what he was calling to tell me. Last Friday I had my blood drawn, the 8th tube of blood that I had drawn last week. This blood draw was to check my progesterone levels. He called to tell me that the results were not good. My levels were low, very, very low. Too low to produce an egg. The decision has now been made that we will move forward with fertility treatments. 

I was a little teary eyed when I got off the phone with my Dr. I think my spirit was a little broken. I tried every natural treatment out there for infertility and I was determined to get pregnant naturally. I also think hearing that I am not producing eggs made me feel inadequate as a women. I'm sure that there is also some fear involved. Fear of the illness that came last time I was on these meds. Fears of how I will care for my daughter while going through this process and fears that I will not become pregnant with the meds. But... there is also hope. Hope that this is it. Hope that in the next few months, I will be pregnant. 

After finding out this news, I called my general practitioner to find out if the results were in on my physical which involved 7 additional tubes of blood drawn. I figured if there was bad news there I might as well take it all in today. What I found out is that my b12 levels are sky high. I do not eat red meat so I take a b12 supplement pretty consistently. There is also b12 in my prenatal vitamin which I have been taking for 3 years. I was told to immediately stop taking the b12 supplement. I also found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency. It is so low that I was given a vitamin D prescription. I was so happy to hear that other that some vitamin issues, I am totally healthy. 

Here's to hoping that this next journey is a short, smooth, successful one with the greatest gift at the end of the road. 

1 comment: