Icons














Sunday, January 26, 2014

Twinkle Tots

We have been waiting for this day. The day that Delilah could start independent (not mom & tot) dance class. Most studios in our area do not offer independent dance class until the age of 3 but I found a dance company in one of my favorite neighborhoods and she had her first class on Monday and it was beyond amazing. 

In my early 20's, I lived in this neighborhood and daily I would see sweet little girls in their leotards and tutus skipping in and out of the dance studio. I would frequently say "that will be my little girl someday!" 10 years later and my tiny dancer is now dancing in that studio. 

My husband & I were totally the "New" parents at the studio. The other parents had clearly been watching their little ballerinas & tappers dance for some time. I do not think that I will ever take my eyes off of Delilah while she dances in class. We immediately had tears in our eyes, huge smiles on our faces,  joyous laughter and an abundance of love. It was a such a powerful 45 minutes on so many levels. 

I may not be able to sleep tonight due to the anticipation of her 2nd dance class tomorrow. Photos & video from class to come.





2 comments: