Icons














Friday, February 28, 2014

Healing from within

I have been having a pretty intense pain in my body for the past couple of weeks. I was very much aware of it but also ignoring or some may say neglecting it/myself at the same time. After weeks of pain, on Monday of this week I finally sought treatment. 

On Monday I went to see my chiropractor, who is the very best. I was so locked up that I was difficult to manipulate. Afterwards I was sore as expected. Throughout the week I physically did the things that I needed to do on my end.. ice, heat, epsom salt baths, exercises etc.. Things were moving in the right direction but the pain in my body was still very intense. 

Tonight I went back in for treatment. Somewhere during my massage treatment it hit me. Something that I am so familiar with. Something that as a massage therapist myself is a huge part of the treatments that I give and something that as a client I have experienced before. Emotional release! 

As therapists, no matter how educated we are and how much experience we have, when it comes to our own bodies and our own emotions we tend to neglect ourselves at times just like everybody else.

Tonight I realized that I am still grieving over the miscarriage. My body has been holing onto a lot of the anger that I have not let myself express. I was in such a hurry to move forward that I did not give myself the time that I needed to heal. 

There is so much to be said for how much we can all learn from our bodies. My muscles have had a tight grip on my ribs for some time now. I got to the point where I physically could not breathe. 

After a very healing treatment tonight including a good cry, I feel like my body has started to let go of the emotional hold it has had on me. I know that this process of healing is going to take some time, but I am so grateful to have had this breakthrough tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment