Icons














Monday, June 23, 2014

Delilah's first dance recital

Back in January, just a few days after her 2nd birthday, Delilah started Twinkle Tots dance class. Her dance class is a 45 minute tap & ballet class filled with adorable two & three year old girls. Pat & I both went to class every week to watch her dance. Watching a child dance, filled with joy, individuality and a free spirit is one of the most uplifting & inspiring sights to see. 

This six month dance session came to an end with a spectacular summer recital. Delilah had a full dress rehearsal on stage in full costume and makeup the night before the big show. She also had class & individual photos that day. At the dress rehearsal I was waiting in the theater while Delilah was taken backstage without me, for her photos and to wait for her class to take the stage. This was a huge my baby is no longer a baby moment for me. About 30 minutes later Delilah's class came out on the dark stage. The bright stage lights came on and there was my baby squinting her eyes saying "mom, mama" I waived my arms up and said "here I am baby" she gave me the biggest smile, jumped up and down and said "I'm dancing on stage mama!" A star was born. Her class rehearsed their dance twice and Delilah put on a big performance. She did many of the choreographed moves and added many of her own. She received some big cheers and happy laughs from the crowd. Her performance was absolute perfection to me. She came off the stage so excited and so proud of herself. 

At the end of her rehearsal day she said to me "again Mama", she couldn't wait to dance on stage again and she got to do it all over again the very next day for her big show which was amazing. Summer classes start this week and Delilah can't wait to get back into class and dance with her friends. 






No comments:

Post a Comment