Icons














Sunday, August 10, 2014

Baby Update: 20 weeks


I've realized that I have not documented or photographed much of this pregnancy. It makes me sad to think that this child may not have as much to look back on as Delilah does. From this point forward, I intend on being better at that. I think that after the loss of our twin, I was just too fearful to document and photograph. Now that we have made it to 20 weeks, I'm feeling a bit more relaxed. 

Tomorrow we have our 20 week ultrasound. We are extremely excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. With Delilah, I was 100% certain from the very beginning of my pregnancy that she was a girl. With this pregnancy, I felt that we were having a boy & a girl. After losing one of our twins, I just can't say for certain. I still feel them both with me. 

The heart rate is high just like Delilah ranging from 155-170. My bump is lower and maybe a tad smaller. I'm puffy all over like I was with Delilah. I feel like I am filled with gallons of water. I have come to realize that I will never carry a pregnancy like a supermodel. 

Delilah is extremely excited to be a big sister. She gives my belly hugs & kisses every day and asks me when she can rock the baby in her arms. 

Patrick will not get in to deep baby name discussions until we know for sure if we are having a boy or a girl. However, after seven ultrasounds already, he believes that the baby looks just like Delilah and is a girl and he really wants another girl. He has a name that he loves that he believes we will name the baby. I have a name that I love that I believe we will name the baby if we are having a girl. They are two different names. If we are having a boy, the baby may never have a name. 



No comments:

Post a Comment