Icons














Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hawaii Part 2


Oh my goodness this house is beautiful. Oh wait it gets even better, our room The Aloha Suite is PURPLE. Oh I can not even control myself. Our balcony looks out over the pool with the ocean just past the pool. It is so dark outside, I cant wait to wake up in the morning and see everything. There is a smell of Jasmine and Plumeria in the air, and the sound of the ocean waves crashing .We met our inn-keeper Matt and his super cute dog that Patrick insisted on calling Toto because apparently any small dog is named Toto in his mind. We chit chatted with Matt for a bit and got the inside scoop on all the local hot spots. Matt referred us to a local favorite Jackie Reys for dinner. We cleaned up a little bit, cause although the food may be fancy, everything is casual dress in Hawaii... Fantastic! We got our directions of three street names that all started with a K and sounded exactly the same from Matt and we were on our way. Hearing Patrick pronounce anything in Hawaiian is a real treat. We found our way to the restaurant, and the menu and atmosphere did not disappoint. I thought it would be nice to enjoy a cocktail with my husband before we ordered dinner. Yes I know my nativeamericaness ( yes I made that word up)  apparently causes me to have absolutely no tolerance for alcohol, but come on it's my honeymoon how about a nice fruity Mai tai. My drink arrived and it was beautiful. I was so thirsty and excited to enjoy my cocktail. Woooooo they are not messing around with the Mai tai's in Hawaii. This isn't a sweet fruity drink this is serious business. By far the most intense drink I have ever had, and this is coming from a girl who loves a swig of Sam Buca from time to time. We better order something to eat quick or I'm not going to be able to walk out of here. I can't resist a restaurant that has crab cakes on the menu, so crab cakes it was for me. Patrick ordered the fish special which was Ahi and Ono with local Purple potatoes. I love a restaurant with great presentation. I like a pretty organized plate of food to get smushed up in my belly. 1st night was a success. Now if we can just find our way back to the Hawaiian Oasis.








No comments:

Post a Comment