Icons














Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hawaii Part 3

It's 5:30 a.m and we are wide awake. Technically it is 10:30 back home, so I guess we slept in. How could anyone sleep and miss the sunrise in a location like this. It was still dark outside, but the darkness was starting to fade. The sun was about to rise. Patrick and I headed out to explore the neighborhood. We could not believe how different everything looked in the morning glow. We were surrounded by exotic trees filled with large flower buds and fruit. Every tree had it's own unique look to it. The Oasis was located up the mountain, but the house was situated down a hill. We climbed up the steep driveway to get to the street. As we turned the corner, three extra large turkey jumped a fence and decided to take their morning walk with us. These turkey came out of nowhere and creeped up on us. I swear they were the size of a small dinosaur. After calming myself from the scare, I laughed hysterically at the turkey as they strutted along with us. Is it possible that I am still asleep, because creatures like this only appear in strange dreams. So the turkey became our tour guides. They walked us all around the neighborhood and then took off once a few neighborhood dogs found us. These streets are serious business and I'm not sure I'm going to make it back to the house in time for our 9 a.m breakfast. My legs are burning. If only one of these turkey would come back and give me a ride. Speaking of breakfast... mmm so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment