Icons














Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


I love a good smoothie. With the smell of spring in the air, I have been on a serious smoothie kick. One of my all time favorites is my peanut butter banana smoothie. 


1st ingredient: Banana


Slice 1 ripe banana in slices similar to the picture below. Then freeze them. I like to slice and freeze my bananas the night before, if not give them at least an hour to freeze. 



2nd ingredient: Almond Milk


8 OZ of Almond Milk. I make my smoothies with Almond milk because it is so good, and so good for you. I use either the Chocolate, for a Chocolate Banana smoothie, or the Vanilla for a hint of extra flavor. 
3rd ingredient: Peanut Butter


My recommendation is 1 TBSP of creamy peanut butter. I prefer to stay away from hydrogenated oils so I use organic peanut butter from Trader Joe's or Whole foods. 




Putting it all together:


1st add your frozen banana slices in your blender. Next add your peanut butter, and lastly pour in your almond milk. Adding in this order makes for perfect blending. This is a delicious and nutritious treat. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I hear the almond milk is great! I'm going to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is Fantastic! Especially the Vanilla and Chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete