Icons














Friday, April 22, 2011

Mexico - Departure

We spent the entire last week in Mexico. You know what that means, many blog posts about our trip. This trip was a bit shorter than our Hawaii honeymoon so I'm sure that there won't be as many posts. We were so very excited to have a week away to travel, but leaving Ellie-Mae is always the hardest part. This time Ellie-Mae had her own special week planned. She stayed at the Pawsatively Heaven Pet Resort. Sounds fancy doesn't it. It was fancy and very expensive. Ellie-Mae had her own private suite, with an elevated human like bed, T.V with animal planet, doggy door with outside patio and web cams so we can check in on her from Mexico. Yes I know, she is super spoiled. We had a bad experience with the trainer who we left her with while we were on our honeymoon, so this time around we were very cautious and wanted to make sure that she was very well taken care of, and having a good time. We packed her bags, she had more luggage than we did, and I organized all of her meals for the week. At 5am we were on our way to the Pet Resort. Ellie slept the whole way there, it was too early for her, and Patrick and I were silent. This was the calm before the storm of my tears. We checked her in at the front desk and then we were taken to her suite to get her and her things settled in. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the resort. It was immaculate. We gave our hugs and kisses and then I was out the door without looking back. I made it to the car without a tear and then I saw Ellie peaking her head out her doggy door. Her ears were hanging on the ground and I saw her sweet face and I lost it. I'm talking full on hysterics. I love this puppy so much it's ridiculous. She spends everyday and night by my side. It was so painful to leave her. I felt like I just handed over our baby to a stranger. We had an hour ride to the airport and thankfully by the time we got there I had pulled myself together. 





                                                XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment