Icons














Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mexico - Departure Part 2


Surprisingly, getting through Ohare airport on an early Monday morning was a breeze. We drove ourselves, so we had to park the car in an overly crowded, gigantic parking lot and then take a long walk to the tram. Last time we took the tram, I had a mild panic attack due to claustrophobia. I don't think that I will every by riding the New York Subway.We were the first people on and Patrick immediately made me sit in the handicap seat, the only seats on the tram. I debated him and told him that I could not do that because the sign said they are reserved for the elderly and handicap. I'm a rule follower. Well there were not any elderly or handicap around. Just a few business men. Patrick put me in the seat and cleared the space around me. I sat and looked out the window and I was perfectly fine. We checked in, checked our bag and made it through security in no time. Once we made it to our terminal, which always seems to be the farthest one in the airport, we sat down and enjoyed a lovely breakfast. We chatted with some interesting folks and we were ready to board. We were very spoiled with amazing seats on our flight to Hawaii, this time we were not as fortunate. Patrick is 6'6 so the splurge for extra leg room is a necessity. We booked late and flying to Cancun during Spring break gives you a full plane. He survived, but I'm sure that is the last time he sits in a seat without extra leg room. I have flown a lot , and I conceder my self a really good and calm flyer. I have to say, this was the most turbinate flight that I have ever been on. I started to discuss with Patrick the possibility that I was going to throw up as I clenched his leg and made my I'm going to be sick face. Just as I started to feel really nauseated, the teenager next to me grabbed his barf bag. Pat looked at him and said " don't do it man. If you do than we are all going to". This was not a sight that I wanted to see. Fortunately none of us lost our breakfast. The landing was really rough, but look at this amazing view that I got to focus on:


No comments:

Post a Comment