Icons














Sunday, July 31, 2011

Building our Baby's Nursery

Since the moment that I found out that I was pregnant, I have been dreaming up ideas for our baby's nursery. 16 more days until we find out the baby's gender, and I am ready to get this room designed. I want to build and elegant room with a vintage style. My eye is drawn to white cribs with some sort of beautiful detail. Today we spent the day in Naperville shopping around for baby furniture. Of course the furniture that I fell in love with was the most expensive in the showroom, but aren't these sets beautiful?




The baby's room is going to be the room that I am currently sitting at my desk in typing this. This room in our house is currently a guest room/office/home of my orchids room. This room is also what Ellie believes is her private bedroom, and my moms favorite room to stay in when she visits. I'm pretty sure that my mom will be happy to give this room over to the baby, but Ellie may be a different story. 

I have been googling elegant nursery's for inspiration, and these are some of my favorites. 




We have wood floors throughout most of our house, but not currently in the bedrooms. Our garage is full of a large stack of wood that Patrick has been planning on putting into the bedrooms. This pile of hardwood has been sitting in our garage for 3 years. I think today that I have finally convinced Patrick to install the wood floors into the baby's room. I know that most people think carpet is better suited for a baby's room, and Patrick is one of those people, but I truly hate carpet. I don't care if its the cleanest carpet in the world, or brand new, I cant stand it. After much debate, I think that I have won this battle. Now I just wonder if he will install it in time for the baby's arrival :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment