Icons














Sunday, July 31, 2011

This week in Pregnancy



This week has been a much better week to me. To start, I only threw up once and that was only because I choked on my gigantic prenatal vitamin, again. My allergies are still an everyday issue and battle, but the awful sinus headaches have given me a bit of a break since Monday. Sleeping is still difficult, mainly because I just cant seem to get comfortable. I flip from hip to hip all night long, and my hips have been feeling the abuse. We went for a walk on Friday night and I woke up Saturday morning with an awful pain/cramp in the back of my right leg. It caused me great concern all of Saturday, but I'm pretty sure that my new pregnancy stride has something to do with it. I have been seeing the chiropractor twice a week and I'm not sure what I would do without him, Thank You Tim you are the very best. I was able to eat and enjoy food all week. Unfortunately my husband has been indulging in daddy cravings and stocked the house with junk food that I lectured him about and then ate. My baby bump has had a major growth spurt, but the number on the scale has not. At 18 weeks I have only gained 7 pounds which as of this morning dropped to 6. I'm not sure how that happened, especially since I had my share of junk food this week. Here is a side by side of weeks 14 & 18.






























I think that I look like two different people in these photos. It is amazing what a difference 4 weeks can bring. My bump has clearly grown, and apparently the rest of me is shrinking. I'm not sure if my face was just bloated at 14 weeks, or if I am just loosing weight in my face. I think it's a combo of both. When I first started telling my friends that I was pregnant, I had started showing right way. All of my girlfriends that have had children said that it was just bloat and it would go down. Well the only directions that my baby bump has moved is up and out. Now my girlfriends are convinced that I am having twins due to the size of my growing bump. I was very open about the fact that I was on fertility treatment during our struggle to conceive, but I only took two cycles of treatment and then went off due to sickness. I was off the treatment for three months when we conceived naturally. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and there looks to be only one baby in there. Maybe the other is just hiding :)



On August 16th we will be having our 2nd ultrasound. I can't wait to see how much the baby has grow, and to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I still constantly refer to the baby as she, but maybe that is only because most of the babies I'm around are girls. It seems like now most people think that the baby is a boy. I'm still leaning toward it being a girl. Which ever sex the baby may be, I'm thrilled either way. There will be many more babies to come. I think that we have agreed on a girls name. We are still working on a boys name. I also think that we will keep the name to ourselves until the baby is born. It amazes me how many people have such strong opinions on what you want to name your baby. I know that my name choices are a bit whimsical, comical and uncommon, but it's my baby. My friends know that they can tell me how ridiculous that they think a name like Topanga or Sparrow is and I wont be offended but that doesn't go for everyone. It is hard enough for Patrick and I to agree on the name. Once it is set in stone, I do not need anyone trying to change our mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment