Icons














Thursday, July 14, 2011

My baby has taken over my body



I have not sat down at my desk to blog lately because I have been busy being sick and pregnant. So basically I have been busy laying in bed doing a whole lot of nothing other than sleeping and being sick any time that I am home. Throughout my 1st trimester I felt like I was trapped at sea on a boat in the middle of nowhere with no end in sight. I was so nauseated all day/every day that all I wanted to do was throw up to get some relief. I don't think that exhaustion is a big enough word to describe how tired I was. Opening up my eyes in the morning was to much activity for me. 


The funny thing is, I thought that I was going to be one of those women who loves every minuet of being pregnant and never has 1 symptom. I was wrong. I have had every symptom and then some. 


I was counting down the days to trimester 2. I have read and been told by friends that you just magically wake up one morning and all of the terrible symptoms are gone and you are full of energy and feel amazing. Well, trimester 2 is here and that magical morning has not happened yet. The all day/everyday nausea has subsided, but has been replaced by all day/everyday heartburn and indigestion. I feel like a sword swallower in a circus act. I'm pretty sure that I could also breath fire if I wanted to. Apparently this means that the baby will have a lot of hair. I'm expecting her/him to come out looking like rapunzel. The extreme exhaustion has been replace with a tolerable tiredness, but I have now developed extreme allergies and migraines. I was never a fan of medicine before I was pregnant, but there are a couple of situations like a migraine that call for some serious medicating so I do not blow my brains out. Instead of being able to take some med's, I spent a week in bed with a bucket vomiting with my head packed in ice to numb the pain. 


There are times that I say that I am never doing this again and I plan to adopt the rest of our children. However, no matter how sick I have been, and may continue to be, I am still thrilled to be pregnant. This truly is the happiest time and I am absolutely amazed by the baby growing inside of me. I know the minuet that I hold her/him in my arms, I will be ready to do it all over again. 



1 comment:

  1. I think you are going to start feeling better and better. Keep the positive attitude and yes, it will all be worth it when you hold your baby in your arms.

    ReplyDelete