Icons














Friday, December 9, 2011

FULL TERM!

I am so very excited to be so close to the arrival of our baby girl. I'm sure that this is about the time that I should start panicking about the delivery, but I really haven't yet. I think that I should so I can go ahead and get that out of the way now. I'm nervous about possibly being alone and going into labor while Patrick is downtown on a job site. This week has been eventful, just like just about every other week of my pregnancy. I have been experiencing just about every symptom that occurs as the labor process begins. My baby bump has dropped so low that it looks totally different now. The drop has been a blessing to my esophagus. I can now turn in bed without throwing up, and even almost sleep without sitting straight up. Last night I was even able to have a little sweet basil marinara sauce on my spinach ravioli. I have missed tomatoes so very much among many other foods and drinks that I have had to completely avoid.


The baby is now super low, I'm talking as low as she can go. Her movements have changed. She has always been very active, and now she has slowed her activity. When she moves it is more of a hard, heavy "get me out of here" nudge. My entire belly swings and you can see exactly where she is pocking me. Every movement feels like she is going to push herself right out. I'm pretty sure that she is not Hercules and that will not happen, but she sure is trying hard.


I have cleaned, cleaned and cleaned some more. Our house is always clean (because my husband is a clean freak and loves to clean) so there is really nothing more for me to clean. He always cleans over my work anyways. Like when I clean the counters I catch him doing it minuets after me because apparently my form left streaks in the granite. I don't see any streaks or smudges. I do however avoid the glass and stainless steal because I will make it look worse. He also rearranges the dishes in the dishwasher every day. So after cleaning and organizing the baby's clothes and cloth diapers, I have moved on to organizing everything else in the house that I can find to organize or clean out. I get aggravated when my body starts to fall apart and I have to sit down. I'm so tired of sitting around. I have never craved an intense workout so bad in my life. My legs have been so restless it's almost unbearable. I hope that after the baby is born that I still have the strong desire to exercise. I have never appreciated my pre-pregnancy body more than now.


Tomorrow there is a full moon. Some say that the full moon brings on labor. I say bring it on moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment