Icons














Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Induction.



I didn't think that it was going to take us as long as it did to get pregnant. I thought that I was going to love every minuet of being pregnant. I thought that my body would naturally progress the labor process and let me push this baby out. I had hoped that my Dr. would be around, or at least someone from his staff when I needed them. Things don't always work out the way that you plan or hope for.


I have been stuck in phase one of labor since last Thursday at 1am. Who knew that real labor could start and then take days to progress,  or not even progress at all, not me. My parents have been in town staying with us for a week and patiently awaiting their 1st grandchild's arrival. We have all been as patient as possible. We have been stuck in an "any minuet now" phase for 6 days. Thankfully my Dr. is back from his 11 day vacation. Today we were scheduled to see him and guess what, he was stuck at the hospital. So the office called and said I would have to see the nurse practitioner again. We like her a lot, but I was really hoping to see my Dr. so he could see how much I needed him to do something, anything. When we got to the office, all of the ladies in the office and the nurse practitioner were socked to see that this baby girl had not arrived yet. I'm super well done at this point.


Last night I was contracting so hard for 2hrs with 3 minuets between contractions. We called the on-call Dr. and were all set to walk out the door when once again my labor stopped. So we stayed home and managed to get some rest. By morning nothing other than some mild cramping was happening. I was counting down the minuets until my 3pm appointment. 


Tomorrow night (Patrick's Birthday) I am being induced. My body has not made any progress since they last checked me on Thursday, and its looking like it isn't going to do it on its own. So tomorrow night we go in, and by Thursday evening Jan. 5Th hopefully we will have our baby girl in our arms. 


I had hoped not to have to be induced, but I am excepting the fact that this is what has to happen at this point. Now I am hoping that everything will go smoothly and that I will have the ability to push her out on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment