Icons














Sunday, April 1, 2012

Wellness Week Gone Wrong

I started a post two weeks ago about wellness week, and before the week came to an end, my husband came home from work with the flu. The weekend usually gives me a little bit of time to get caught up on things since he is off work for two days, but that weekend was a mess. I really developed an even greater appreciation of my husbands helping hands when he was out of commission and couch bound for the weekend.


By the time this past Monday came along, he was fully recovered. I was terrified that the baby was going to get it, but not me because "I don't get the flu". Thursday morning came and we were all up at 5am like usually and everything was normal. Right after Patrick left for work I started to feel nauseous. First thought "OMG I'm PREGNANT!" Next thought... "My stomach is just empty", so I had a cracker and BAM.. VIOLENT sickness erupted. I will spare you the details but lets just say I thought that I was going to die from throwing up so much. I had my finger on the trigger to dial 911. 


Patrick had just arrived in the city when I called and tried my best to get words out explaining that I needed him home ASAP! When he arrived home, I was on the bathroom floor naked and possibly hallucinating and repeating that my life was coming to an end, and the baby was crying. Patrick had his hands full that day. He was certain that in just a few hours I would be in tip top shape since I had just had a full exorcism, and that his flu was 24hrs and he was just nauseous, hot & cold and achy. After trying to get me to get out of bed to take a walk after 2 hrs of resting, he learned his lesson when he found himself holding my hair back while I violently became ill AGAIN! Then I spent 3 full days in bed.


Here is the lesson that I learned this weekend. When my husband comes home with an illness... take the baby and go to a hotel. 


Now lets all pray that the baby does not get this. I didn't touch her for 3 days and it broke my heart to be so disconnected from her. Thankfully today she is back in my arms where she belongs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment