Icons














Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog every day in May: The thing you are most afraid of

As expected, I am running behind and playing catch up on this blog every day in May challenge. Yesterday's topic was the thing you are most afraid of. Throughout my lifetime, I have dealt with many fears. Some would come and go and come back again. I believe that my past fears were mostly products of my past. Fears that manifested from life events or current situations that I was in. Since becoming a mother, many parts of me have changed or evolved. I do not hold onto as much hurt as I once did. I do not let things that are out of my control, control my thoughts and emotions. With that said, becoming a mother brings on a whole new list of fears. These fears are different though. They are much more logical.

The thing that fears me the most, is the fear that something will happen to me and I will not be around to watch my daughter grow and influence her life. Along with that fear comes the fear that something would happen to my child. I do not know how I could go on without her and I have great admiration for the parents who are strong enough to go on. I don't let these fears control my life, but they do control some of the daily decisions that I make. I am a little more cautious and a little more careful. I do not like to take unnecessary risks like driving past midnight when there is a greater chance of drunk drivers on the road. I'm most likely never going to jump out of a plane or intentionally swim with the sharks. I was probably never going to do that anyways.

I think that some fears can really be debilitating and hold you back in life. I also think that some fears are healthy and part of human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment