Icons














Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Update

On the morning that I found out that I was pregnant with Delilah, I woke up very early in the morning to the sound of church bells. We fell asleep with the t.v on and the sounds that I woke up to were the sounds of the royal wedding. It was a beautiful day to wake up and find out that finally after a long road, we were having our first child. 

This past week with all of the news of the upcoming arrival of the royal baby, I thought back to that beautiful morning. We now are on another long road trying to conceive our second child. This past week, I was just days away from finding out if I was pregnant with baby #2. I had a wonderful thought, a daydream, that I would wake up to the news of the royal baby's arrival and on that day, we would find out that we were expecting. 

This past Friday, I woke up to find out that I am not yet pregnant. I was angry, and I wanted to break things. I called my mom, broke down a bit and then packed up Delilah and went to my girlfriends house for a playdate which was a great way to keep my mind busy. After our fun playdate, I dropped Delilah off at home with Patrick and headed out to my chiropractor for a massage and adjustment. The adjustment was exactly what I needed. Sometimes you just need someone to literally crack you back into place. 

My eyes were like a dripping faucet all day. Tears would fall randomly throughout the day. All day I could feel that at any minute my eyes were about to explode and on my drive home it happened. I never want to cry in front of Delilah so the car became my safe place to let go. I pulled in our driveway and pulled myself together the best I could. When I walked in the door I found Patrick and Delilah having a dance party in the middle of the living room. Delilah ran to me, jumped in my arms and gave me a big hug and an abundance of kisses. She then jumped down and grabbed my arm and pulled me in to join the party. Nothing compares to the pure joy that a child can bring. She turned my sadness completely around and we had a wonderful evening. 

So this morning, I woke up to the news that the royal baby is on the way. Every baby is a joy and a blessing. News of the arrival of beautiful new baby or the joy of a new pregnancy each day gives me hope that our day will come again.


2 comments:

  1. Your day is coming and I predict that you will be pregnant before the end of 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tight Nikki and keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete