Icons














Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday, Monday

I don't mind Mondays. Actually, I tend to like them very much. Maybe it is because I am not a Monday - Friday nine to fiver or maybe I just have a different or some may say strange way of looking at things. Sure, weekends are generally more fun, but Mondays have some perks also.

Rather than taking things day by day, I seem to take things more week to week. Throughout this infertility time if I were to take things day by day, each day that I was still not pregnant would feel like an eternity. Mondays feel like a fresh start to me. It's a brand new week and you can continue to do the same things that you have been doing last week or totally start something new. 

For the last 6 weeks for me Mondays are my acupuncture days. Every Monday for the past 6 weeks I have committed two hours of my day and $70 each week to my acupuncture treatment. One hour is spent on my commute and the other hour is spent on the table with 20+ needles poking through my skin. I never fall asleep during treatment but I do get into the perfect meditative state. If you have never had an acupuncture treatment, you would be amazed at how relaxing and rejuvenating it is. My acupuncturist is mainly treating my infertility. I am still not pregnant, but I do believe that I am benefiting greatly from treatment. 

This Monday for me started with a very early kiss from my husband as I was still sleeping and he was off to work. A couple of hours later I was woken up with another sweet good morning kiss this time from my daughter. The moment my feet hit the floor my sweet morning took a time out. I realized that the cold that I have been fighting was definitely going to beat me today. I have had more colds since having a child than I have had in my entire life. This time though, I am the only sick one in the house, so far. I would like to spend the day in bed being catered to like I did as a child when sick but I'm a mama now and that is definitely not going to happen with an 18m old. So our day began. 

Delilah wants breakfast the moment she wakes up so I quickly got to preparing her breakfast. The oatmeal was cooking, my tea was steeping and Delilah was swinging from my leg. I grabbed a banana and her plate and started to slice the banana for Delilah. My sweet baby who so lovingly kissed me to wake me up just moments ago now just bit my arm really hard because apparently she didn't want her banana sliced. So while our oatmeal cooled we went off into time out. We do not tolerate biting and time out is something that Delilah has been getting a  daily dose of lately. It doesn't last very long but when she gets sent to her time out chair, she knows that she did wrong. 

After an eventful breakfast, nap time did not come soon enough or last long enough. So, why do I still love Mondays? Because soon enough I will be at my acupuncturists fully relaxed in my meditative state for 60 blissful minutes. 

Happy Monday! 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8252259/?claim=h6vg4h5pv79">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment