Icons














Thursday, August 15, 2013

Flower Garden



For the past 4 years, we have had a vegetable garden in our backyard. It was all the work of my husband. I wish that I could say that I am a seasoned gardener, but that I am not. The garden was his place to de-stress after work. He would come home, go out to the garden and shake off his work day. Unfortunately, we have many animals who enjoy our garden very much. Rabbits, moles and coyotes were turning his zen garden into a nightmare. He spent so much time and money to win the battle but someone was always getting at our vegetables.  

This year we decided to plant a flower garden rather than a vegatable garden and I am so thrilled with the outcome. Patrick prepped the soil in the spring and threw down some wild flower seeds and voila we have a beautiful assortment of wildflowers in our backyard. Now when he walks in the door from work he de-stresses with hours of fun with Delilah.

 I love to take Delilah out back and see her face full of excitement as she runs to the garden yelling "flowers!" Everyday we seem to find a new flower that we did not see the day before. 















1 comment: