Icons














Monday, August 19, 2013

My daughters love gets me through a difficult Monday

It was a difficult Monday morning for me. I woke to find out that I am still not pregnant. We are closely approaching 1 year and I would be lying if I said I have much hope left in me for becoming pregnant naturally anymore. I am exhausted and sad and I would like a rainy day to just spend in bed feeling sorry for myself. But, I woke with a spunky toddler who needed me to get going and make her breakfast. I held back most of my emotions and tried to find inspiration in quotes like this one to get me through the morning.


After breakfast and some morning playtime, Delilah and I both took a nap. I now managed to hold myself together to make it to lunch time. Just a few more hours and Patrick would be home and I could take a shower and let the tears flow without Delilah seeing me cry. After some more playtime after lunch and some exercise, I put Delilah down for her afternoon nap. She was tired but fighting it. She wouldn't sleep and kept pulling my hair and trying to sleep like a cat on my head. After 30 minutes of that, I broke down and cried like a child in my daughters arms. She hugged me, kissed me and held my head in her lap gently rubbing my face with so much compassion. I looked into her eyes and felt so much love. She said, "mommy, mommy" so sweetly as she calmed me. It didn't take long and we were both up smiling and laughing and then the front door opened and papa was home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment