Icons














Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September happenings: Baby update


Hi, remember me? September, one of my very favorite months has come and almost gone in a flash. Delilah, my mom and I just returned from a trip to Los Angeles. It's amazing how a quick 4 day trip has you playing so much catch up when you return back to your normal routine. More on that trip to come in a following post. 

In baby news, I met with my Dr just before leaving for California. Next week I am having an exploratory procedure to look for a cause of our infertility. I am having mixed emotions about this procedure. On one hand I am terrified for what they may find and what that will mean for us. What if they find something that means I will not be able to carry another baby. On the other hand I hope that they do find something. Something that is an easy fix. Something that once removed will bring us a baby. Then there is the possibility that they will not find anything which will leave me frustrated but grateful for my health. 

I believe that I will get my results immediately following the procedure and my Dr told me that we will discuss our next step once we have the results. Whatever the outcome may be, it looks like I am in store for at least one procedure, maybe more and the dreaded fertility meds. 

Today is our anniversary. Since it is a work day, we will be having a special date night on a later date. We did however have a lovely early evening. Patrick came home from work with three beautiful bouquets of flowers for the three years that we have been married. I will never be the girl who says I do not need flowers because they just die. I love flowers and I need flowers in my life. I also received a beautiful card that Patrick wrote inside "I'm so happy that I asked you to dance!" Such a sweet personal touch that brought a tear to my eye. 

We decided to take our greatest accomplishment, Delilah out for our anniversary for a special day. We went to the Morton Arboretum on this beautiful evening. After two hours walking the arboretum and taking in some natural beauty, we picked up a veggie pizza and a dove bar and came home for dinner. Yep, veggie pizza and a dove bar is the way to my heart and a special/unhealthy treat that does not happen often. It was a relaxing and lovely night. 

When we picked up our pizza, we pulled up next to a car of a family with four young beautiful children. They all looked to be about 9 months apart and their parents couldn't have been any older than us. It was always my wish to have four children. I had hoped that at this point in my life, I would have four children already. With another birthday quickly approaching, it does not look like four children will be a possibility for me unless by some miracle I become pregnant with triplets. 

I feel extremely blessed to have such an amazing daughter who inspires me every day of my life. She fills my heart with more joy than I will ever need. If she is the only one for me, I will be forever grateful for her and her alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment