Icons














Friday, February 21, 2014

Trying to conceive after a miscarriage

Today I feel defeated. After the process of the miscarriage had ended, I was able to pick myself up and move forward by finding the good in the bad. The good being that a problem within my body had been found and there was a simple solution, that being progesterone. I was very optimistic that pregnancy would now come easily and successfully. 

Some people believe that great expectations bring on even greater disappointments. I believe that there is great power in positive thinking. If I can visualize a positive outcome, then the positive outcome will be. 

Today my emotions are very high. This month was not a success. My mind is flooded with negative thoughts that I usually do not invite. My mind is trying to tell me to give in and give up. For the first time, there is a part of me that doesn't want to keep fighting so hard for another child. I still want another child so very much but I am discovering that the pain of not being able to conceive after a miscarriage brings the pain of the miscarriage back to the surface. 

I'm sure that the hormones that I ingest every night have my emotions on a wicked ride. I think that I just need to let myself cry and embrace my sadness today. Tomorrow I will pick myself back up and continue to fight. 





4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know in the moments, words don't really help so much. But Ihave been through some of what you are going through and know the overwhelming rush of emotions felt in trying to make sense of what is and is not happening and wish more than anything Icould offer up some healing bits of sage advice but I do have this to say; You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much ladies for your very sweet, generous and uplifting words. I appreciate it so very much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome."

    ReplyDelete