Icons














Saturday, February 11, 2012

Look who is 1 Month Old ~ Already!




All of my life I have heard people say "they grow so fast" when it comes to their babies. Already in Delilah's first month I have learned that this is so true. Over the past week, I have found myself saying "she is becoming so independent". Sounds so silly, a 1 month old becoming so independent. 


She was so tiny and extra, extra fragile when she was born. In the hospital, and once we came home, I never slept because I was one of those moms who makes sure her baby is breathing every 5 seconds. I also have a fear of her chocking in her sleep. My fears have eased a tiny bit, and I have managed to get a little bit of rest. 


Another tip that is so true "sleep when the baby is sleeping". Although I agree with this statement, I find it almost impossible. When the baby is sleeping, I get a minuet to wash my face, brush my teeth, change my shirt that most likely has spit up on it, throw in a load of laundry and maybe pour myself a glass of water. By the time Patrick gets home from work, the first thing I want to do is take a shower. It's amazing how fantastic a shower is when you wait all day for it.


 I am slowly starting to get caught up on things, and we are slowly starting to get on a schedule, Kinda. I am very much looking forward to my 6 week after delivery Dr. appointment, and very much looking forward to getting the ok to exercise. Not sure when I will have the energy, or the time for it though, but it will be nice to know that it's an option. 


Delilah 1 Month Old ~ Already!





No comments:

Post a Comment