Icons














Saturday, June 8, 2013

There is a stranger at my door and I am nearly naked

The top half of the front door to our house is a glass window. A glass window that the entire world can see into. We had custom made blinds covering the window until we adopted our dog 3 years ago. Someone rang the doorbell when we were not home and she destroyed them. I have shopped and tried to find anything to cover the window and unless we have something custom made, which we will not since we are selling our home, we are out of luck. Time and time again I have asked my husband to help me figure out a covering for the window since I do not want the neighbors to see my nakedness. He would go out to the mailbox and get the mail naked if I would let him so the window at the front door doesn't bother him.

Yesterday, I had Delilah down for a nap. Ellie was also doing what she does best all afternoon and napping in the living room. I was getting myself ready since we were going to leave the house once Delilah woke up from her nap. 

Tip toeing across the hardwood floors IN MY UNDERWEAR, I made my way to our laundry room. I walked in to our front hallway and came face to face and made direct eye contact with a man standing at our front door looking in. I was standing 5 feet from him IN MY UNDERWEAR! So, what is a naked girl to do? The closest thing to me to get out of sight was our coat closet and I jumped right in and stood there repeating to myself, go away, go away, go away! Did he go away like a good man should, NO! He stayed at my door and started knocking and ringing the doorbell. I'm in the closet, I can't leave the closet without him seeing me and the only thing in the closet to cover myself with would be a rain coat and I didn't think that would make much of a difference from my current look. The ringing and knocking set Ellie straight to the door in a rage. She was now on top of the door trying to eat him alive through the glass. Delilah is now awake screaming at the top of her lungs and the man is still at my door. Finally, Ellie calms down which means that he has left. I run to Delilah to comfort her and then I find some clothes to throw on. I went back to the front door to find a flyer with a note on it. He stood at my door with me naked in the closet, my dog trying to destroy him and my baby screaming to write a note on his flyer to my husband. 

My husband is a general foreman for local 134 IBEW. This man at my door, who my husband does not know, is campaigning for some local 134 guy who is running for some sort of office. There is so much politics involved in the union. He left a note on the flyer saying, Patrick, sorry I missed you. We appreciate your support. Your fellow IBEW bother Bill Hasting. Guess what Bill... Since you seem to know so much about my husband you should know that he obviously is not going to be home in the middle of the day. It is really frustrating that my husband works such long, hard hours and we have to deal with all of these political phone calls and now men showing up at our house in the middle of the day to get his vote. 

If you show up uninvited to someones door and a women in her underwear walks past the door not expecting to see you and then hides in the closet and clearly is not going to come to the door and then you wake up the baby... Run. Run very, very fast. Next time I will release my dog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment